On the 3rd November 1958 a meeting was held in London at the offices of the then Chartered Institute of Secretaries at 14 New Bridge Street to discuss the formation of a Christian Fellowship for the secretarial profession under the Chairmanship of Brigadier K Hargreaves CBETD a past President of the Institute. This meeting was attended by 48 members and students.
The inaugural meeting of the Fellowship was held on the 16th March 1959 following which ‘open meetings’ and Bible reading meetings’ were arranged and held monthly.
Venues included Caxton Hall and Kingsway Hall. In 1972 the venue for meeting was the Evangelical Alliance offices at Draycott Place and later at the Bible Reading Fellowship offices in Victoria and then at Baptist House, Southampton Row.
Currently, meetings are mainly held at the Institutes offices at 16 Park Crescent. The Fellowship is independent of the Institute although it has been involved in the Institutes, Annual Church Service.
The Fellowship’s newsletter ‘Intercom
’ is a vital link between its members and contains reports of meetings.
‘Intercom’ is distributed free to members of the Fellowship. You can see the most recent publications here