Christian Engineers Association
For meditation: 1 Thessalonians Chapter 1 verses 2 & 3
‘We always thank God for you all and always mention you in our prayers. For we remember before our God and Father how you put your faith into practice, how your love made you work so hard, and how your hope in our Lord Jesus Christ is firm.’
Essentially an Engineer is some who applies scientific principles, or some form of methodology to practical problems. I suspect that just about everyone has done that at sometime or another – so welcome to the Engineering Fraternity even if you would not normally consider yourself to be an Engineer! And Welcome to this page however you think of yourself.
You may have an image of an Engineer as someone who fixes things with a screwdriver, a spanner or some other tool. Now all power to the elbows of those that do, but engineering these days actually covers a very wide spectrum of disciplines. It includes Mechanical and Civil Engineering of course, but also many other areas such as software, systems, electronics, medical, biological, aviation, ….
Being people who try to solve practical problems and then implement that solution, gives engineers many opportunities to provide practical help to the communities they serve, and also many opportunities to mess things up!
As an Engineer in wood, Jesus must have experienced the joys of providing useful things for people, and perhaps also some of our disappointments and frustrations when our work is not fully appreciated.
If you are an Engineer with a faith in Jesus and would like to share experiences and provide support for others, then you might like to consider joining the Christian Engineers Association, if you are not already a member. You can find further information at www.christianengineers.org.uk
We are also seeking ideas on how to make the Association more useful, and any thoughts and suggestion you might have will be gratefully received at email@example.com
- If you have not done so recently, you might like to spend some time asking the Lord to confirm that what you are currently doing is what Jesus wants you to be doing. If not ask the Lord what direction He wants you to take.
- Let us support each other in prayer that each of us, whether studying, in work, looking for work, or retired will use the time and talents that God has given us to serve others and to further His Kingdom.
- Let us pray for those who feel that they are not making best use of their time and talents, that God would show them the value of what they are doing now, or maybe for the future, or help them to make the changes that God wants them to make.
- Let us support in prayer those who find them selves in difficult situations - with customers / clients, suppliers, managers, subordinates, lecturers, students and so on, and especially for those who find themselves surrounded by those who are hostile to Jesus and His message.
- We live in a world with an ever expanding population, finite natural resources that we are using up, and one in which the climate is changing (whatever the causes past and present). Let us all pray for engineers in many different countries who are trying to find good solutions to all these issues we face.
- The Christian Engineers Association aims to promote fellowship, sharing of experiences and to encourage each other as we seek to walk with God in all aspects of our daily lives. Please pray for all the members and especially for the small Committee. Ask God to provide the resources and inspiration for this organisation to grow and improve the way we serve our members and the wider community.
See feedback for this article
Articles in this group
Chelmsford City Council Christian Fellowship
Latest News from Robert Stone the CWG leader. (Author: )
Anglian Water Christian Workplace Group
It was wonderful to meet up with Ian and the Anglian Water CWG in Peterborough again after 5 years, and what a great place to meet in... (Author: )
Christians in Action in Government
Christians in Government (CIG) is a group that links together Christian workplace groups in various government departments. We seek to encourage those networks, facilitate activities and, where appropriate, to represent a Christian view within government (Author: Trevor Payne)
KBRS Christians at Work Group
The following is an extract from our EFB award application from 2010, which I think gives a very clear picture of how the company perceives our workplace group: (Author: Hugh Webber)
Cardiff Council Christian Fellowship (CCCF)
CCCF are a group of colleagues that are radically reaching out in the workplace - to shine the light of Christ to each other and those who do not know God - yet! (Author: Sue Glendinning)
University of Ulster
In May 2010 we established a small group (4-15 members) of Christians from the University of Ulster Coleraine campus. (Author: Dr. Paul McKenzie)
Armed Forces’ Christian Union
In the Armed Forces’ Christian Union, God has laid it on our hearts to pray for the extension of the Kingdom of our Lord Jesus Christ in and through the Armed Forces of the UK and internationally. (Author: )
Lawyers Christian Fellowship
The LCF has been uniting lawyers and law students in the UK and further a field to take up the words of the prophet Micah and implement them in words and actions in their everyday lives. (Author: Michael Coveney)
Meet the Groups
Transform Work UK Christian Groups seek to spread the Good News about Jesus Christ by getting involved in the place where they work. (Author: )
Glory Road Ministries
Reaching out to Truckers and those in Road Transport (Author: )
The Christian Dance Fellowship of Britain
The Christian Dance Fellowship of Britain aims to serve Christians who use movement and dance as an expression of their faith. (Author: )
Conservative Christian Fellowship
The the Conservative Christian Fellowship contributes to the life and thinking of the Conservative Party and inspires its members to make a radical difference, where they are. (Author: )
Christians in Sport
Christians with a passion for sport and a love for Christ who are distinctive in the way they play and speak. (Author: )
Liberal Democrat Christian Forum
Liberal Democrat Christian Forum - "Evolving a Christian approach to rebuilding our societies across the world". (Author: )
BT Christian Network Supporting Christians at work
A small prayer and Bible study group becomes an international Christian Network (Author: Peter Davies)
Librarians' Christian Fellowship
Like Christian professionals in other walks of life, Christians in the library service see their everyday work as part of their service to God and to their fellow men and women. (Author: )