The mission statement of Transform Work UK (TWUK for short) is:
Inspiring Christians to transform their workplace and the nation
We do this though six major initiatives:
- Help and support Christians to establish and grow effective Christian Workplace Groups (CWGs) in their places of work
- Encourage CWGs to engage effectively with management and their work colleagues.
- Assist Christians in becoming effective and confidant witnesses of the Christian faith in their places of work.
- Help Christians in the workplace deal effectively with workplace pressures such as the threat of redundancy; stress at work.
- Raise the profile nationally of the positive contribution that Christians can make to the workplace
These initiatives are implemented through the TWUK team, which comprises of TWUK trustees and a number of key supporters.
- Assist church leaders in equiping their congregation to make a positive difference where they work
TWUK has two key delivery arms:
The first works directly with and supporting, Christian Workplace Groups and Professional groups. Ros Turner
and Trevor Payne
lead this stream of activity. To increase effectiveness, they are developing a team of nationwide ambassadors who will be able to advise and assist Christian groups throughout the UK.
Our second activity stream is concerned with delivering workplace ministry initiatives and is led by Adrian Miles
. This involves delivery of workshops and presentations, including the Management of Workplace Stress and developing Christian Workplace Groups. We also hope to be able to provide advice on career development and potential redundancy issues in the near future. This team will continue to develop workplace guides around a range workplace matters affecting Christians.
Our two delivery arms will be supported by our Executive and Communications team led by Jayne Payne, Michael Coveney and Jeff Steady, which also includes the ongoing development and maintenance of our website.
The TWUK team is excited by what the future holds and where the Lord decides to take us. Our plans are ambitious, but we move forward confidently in faith. We are taking steps to develop the resources necessary and in recent weeks have had many people coming forward, expressing an interest in joining the TWUK ministry. If you are interested in getting involved, then please let us know by filling in the following form:
Michael Coveney, 14/07/2012